Friday, March 5, 2010

Portal 2 Confirmed; Chilly P Needs New Shorts

I just saw on Joystiq (yeah, I used the same picture, what of it?) that the new Game Informer has confirmed Portal 2. I got talked into a Game Informer subscription recently (damn Gamestop employees) so I'll give my impressions after I read the article (probably three times). I just got to say, I am so PUMPED! Still Alive was my ringtone for, like, a year, and I endured the awkward looks from people who didn't get it because when someone did recognize it, we would then have a mutual understanding of each other's awesomeness.

There are five games that have just blown my socks right off and made me completely reevaluate how I perceive the entire medium: Metroid Prime, Super Mario 64, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Resident Evil 4, and Portal. There are some similarities among those games. A) None of them were over-hyped (at least not to me). I wasn't really expecting all that much from them, and with the exception of RE4, I expected them all to be sub-par. B) Only Portal has been released this generation, and it is by far the shortest of them. C) Excluding Portal, all of these games have had sequels that were extremely underwhelming (Let's face it, RE4 was its own game and RE5 was really RE4-2. Same goes for Mario 64).

I'm just really hoping this game doesn't disappoint. I never felt the game needed a sequel, but damnit, as time's gone on, I've wanted it more and more. And hell, even if the game doesn't live up to the first one, there's no use crying over every mistake...

--Chilly P

1 comment:

  1. Don't know how often you check joystiq, but recently they put up an article where some higher up from valve declared that portal 2 is the best game they've ever made. I mean thats a pretty strong statement...

    ReplyDelete