Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bad Company 2 "Fixes" I'd Like to See

I posted yesterday about a couple of patches coming to Bad Company 2. For the most part, I think DICE has done a very good job with keeping its game balanced. In particular, I think the folks over at Bungie could learn a thing or two from DICE about vehicle balance. That being said, there are still some minor bug and balance fixes I can think of that I'd like to see in the near future:
  • Fix that bug where you get stuck in the weapon screen if someone revives you while you're changing kits and you have to suicide to get out of it.
  • Get rid of the glitched games.
  • Make the PP2000 the way it was before the before it got nerfed. It's just useless now.
  • I would like to see the tracer dart become part of a class instead of being available to every class. I'd also like to see that class not be the Engineer, so that it takes two people to take down a chopper (now that the tracer dart is so easy to use). The helicopters become pretty worthless when an entire team of Engineers is using darts. I know it's never going to happen, but I'd like to see it.
  • Give the Blackhawks stronger armor so they can survive the first RPG.
  • Take the 500 point cap off the marksman bonus, and then add a marksman bonus leaderboard.
  • Make it so you can see other players' K/D's in the leaderboards menu.
  • Make it so friends who've never played Bad Company 2 don't show up in the friends leaderboard.
  • Get rid of the whole extra lines for SPECTACT classes. Just make it an option at the end of the row to turn SPECACT on or off. It's stupid that I have to scroll through eight classes now.
  • I've had some glitch ever since I got the SPECACT classes where my Recon class resets at the beginning of every game. Fix that.
  • Don't automatically change the pistol for every class if you change it for one. I never want a Tracer Dart on my Recon class. Ever.
  • UAVs should explode if a C4 pack attached to it damages an enemy crate, player, or vehicle (but not if some jerk teammate blows it up because he wants to take it from you).
  • Don't let people be temporarily invincible after a revive.
  • I don't know if it's a glitch or a design choice, but you can't knife or throw a grenade within 3 seconds of spawning. Get rid of that.
  • Buildings should collapse sooner. It's too easy to escape a collapsing building.
As you can see, most of those are very minor issues. Anyway, just food for thought.

--Chilly P

No comments:

Post a Comment