Friday, July 16, 2010

Moment of Silence

1 vs. 100 has officially been canceled and will not return for a third season. While I'm still owed some ducats from the previous season, overall it was a fantastic game and I will sorely miss it. Microsoft is releasing this Kinect technobabble to and get the casual Wii-owning gamer to pony up for a 360, but these Live games that have hosted sessions like television shows are something that casual fans can really relate to. Possibly moreso than a device which even furthers the 360's likeness to HAL. When you played the live shows, it really felt like you were on an actual game show, especially if you made it to the mob, which I was fortunate enough to do one time. I mean, hell, they were handing out prizes that closely resembled cash. Well, they said they were. Like I said, I haven't seen a dime of those 560 MS points. I don't know why they couldn't automate that process, but my gut tells me that the technical issues of doling out prizes led to the game's end. It's a shame, really.

--Chilly P

No comments:

Post a Comment